Sunday, February 10, 2013

Best Drugstore Acne Medication: Clean n' Clear

 Oh, the endless search for an acne solution to answer our prayers. I've been searching for mine since my first sighting of the dreaded pimple. My skincare routine was perfectly normal, yet the little red bumps always seemed to appear. It's a terrible embarrassment, and eventually you just give up and try to wait it out. Sometimes quite painful, acne can impose on your life. Irritated, swollen pimples can make you want to just stay at home and do nothing.

 I understand everyone's skin is different, and this medication might not work for you. I was wary to try acne products after complications with a prescription medication, but felt like I should give pimple products one last try. I did a bit of shopping around, and decided on a relatively cheap little bottle of Clean n' Clear Persa-Gel 10. Couldn't hurt to try, so I gave it a shot.

 It's been about 2 weeks, and I wish I had a before and after photo. My acne has gone from gross red clusters around my forehead, chin, and cheeks to barely-there bumps. The first night I applied it, I put it on while having some of the oh-so-delightful cystic spots on my face, and woke up without any pain or irritation, and they had diminished to tiny little pimples. I haven't received any new breakouts, and my current acne is almost completely gone.


 Pretty decent-sized bottle, right? Considering it costs about $6, I was pretty happy. I've tried some $13 creams that have absolutely no effect on my skin. So, for those who want to know, I would wash my face twice a day with the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control pre-foaming wash (doesn't have any anti-acne benefits for me though), followed by an Olay moisturizer twice a day. I found that if I applied this in the morning, it made my foundation sit weird, so I only put it on at night. Voila! Some anti-acne magic occurs.

 Acne can ruin your day. Painful, red, ugly spots that can turn you from confident to insecure in one glance at the mirror. With religious face-washing and this gel, you can keep your spots under control and feel so much better about leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment